Friday, July 10, 2015

Champs and Crosses.

Put out a ‘Call to Arms’ for swimming but for the 2nd week on the spin there was only Crossy Lad in attendance to start the set.
Decided on 8 x 200m and Crossy wasn’t taking any bull today and was keen to see me do my fair share leading the lane. Thought I’d get the first one in (thinking he’d see it more of a warm up) and was happy enough with a  3.15.
Battled to stay on his feet for the 2nd, before I was back up for the 3rd rep. Mighty  relieved when ‘The Champ’ joined us and once Crossy led the 4th I was on the front foot in making Champ do some work.
My lack of swimming was evident as early as the 5th and from there it was survival mode for the remainder.
Reps times went: 3.15, 3.23, 3.20, 3.18, 3.19, 3.22, 3.22 – then finished with a fast 100m to round out 1500m for the day.
Said it before but I really need to hit the pool at least twice a week to maintain any resemblance of swim fitness.

Big weekend planned, Got the Harbour 10k on Sunday that I’m keen to give a bash, anything under 38 minutes will be deemed a success especially after the past 6 weeks.


In all the excitement over the past week I’ve forgotten to give my ‘Ashes’ review – Despite all the Aussie talk about how they are going to smash us, I think it will be really close and this first test really sets the tone for the 5 tests to come.
Going to Tip a 2-2 drawn series – unfortunately that’s not going to be good enough to regain the Ashes.

In big BLOG news, At last we have some quality in the ranks. After Tom’s ‘Times’ like journal (and that’s being polite) Hoey’s greasy Joe’s restaurant wrap up, and Warrior Charlie’s Sit Up/Press Up Military insipid blog. I can now give you a rival to yours truly……. The latest offering is direct from the Old Dart with good mate Slim Sammy Agnew starting to post.
** I do apologize in advance if and when he starts losing the plot and goes off topic and talks about Crystal Palace – poor bloke.
Might ask him if he’ll put a link to mine, that way Durante can finally bypass the Chairman’s offering.



Have a great weekend
Train well , stay safe
Cheers



No comments:

Post a Comment