Friday, July 24, 2015

St Peters ParkRun 18.20 - 7th Overall.

Worked, then it was a mad dash over to St Peters in time to make the start line for  ‘The World’s Toughest Park Run’. A quick hi to C.T, Renaud, Laura, Greta, Mike Lichwark,(biathlon guy who seems to be running a lot more with the HuRTS team) Glesso and NEW girl Ruth (Irish) before we were off.
It’s a fast start and I’m keen not to get too carried away but at the same time keen for a solid hit out today and not let Renaud get too far ahead. That said it was still a 3.26 first posting, Settle for the long drag to 2ks keeping Renaud close by before we hit ‘Kilimanjaro’ at the half way stage, think I’m about to die but hold strong reducing the gap and try to open it up coming back down.  Another little climb coming off the oval after 3ks and I feel the pace drop slightly but amazingly both ‘Allo Allo’ man Renaud & Mike are still only about 15m ahead.
On the home turn with less than a kilometre to go I have a quick glance to see if I can see Lady Laura who I presume would be right on my tail, luckily for me she has a head cold and run about 14ks prior that goes in my favour and I can’t see her (safe for another day at least).
300m to go and Renaud is a broken man, obviously he’s not use to a proper Parkrun after all his baby ‘Curl Curl’ efforts, and I try one last push to see if I can take him down the straight, sadly (for me anyway), the line came a bit too early and he keeps me at bay by 4  seconds as I come home officially in 18.20
Tough run, but happy enough with that on the back of a big week, it’s a 35 second improvement since 3 weeks back so I’ll take that.
Some good runs from the team that included
1st  C.T  , not sure of the time but won outright
 5thMike       18.14
6th Renaud  18.16
7th Timmy    18.20
     Laura       19.01
     Greta      19.24
    Glesso    20.18
    Ruth        ??

Kudo’s to C.T, Renaud, Laura and Ruth who then run back to the park and incorporated there long run into the morning. Whilst Gleeso and I took the more sensible approach and went for coffee and bagels.

Quotes of the Day.
C.T “ I’m back and make sure you tell Barts he’s toast come City to Surf”
Renaud “ Oh My God Timmy, that course is 5 times harder then Curl Curl, I reckon you can add at least 60 seconds to your time here”
Laura … (whilst grinning) “ Don’t worry Tommy H, I was only working at 65% - I’ll smash him come City to Surf, money is safe with me”
Greta “ Can we have a team photo?”
Glesso “ Sub 60 minutes here I come”

Long run in the morning, back on the course for another 20ks plus.

Cheers


Start of the ParkRun. C.T Renaud, Timmy, Laura and Greta all in shot somewhere ?

No comments:

Post a Comment