Thursday, August 27, 2015

August Golden Duck 1k Time Trial - 18.01

Numbers have been down all winter for the swims and I’ve really let myself down with doing little or none over the past 3 months so really wasn’t keen on today’s ‘Golden Duck 1k Time Trial at the P.A.P.
Only a handful with The Champ, Manly Steve, Angus and a welcome return of perhaps the best of the lot ‘Mermaid ‘Emma Ingram.
The Champ was first away and I had to give him a 10 second buffer, worked hard to catch him within the first 200m and then sat on his feet for the next 200 doing it pretty easy. Being the fair guy I am I decided to change lanes and swim on my own instead of getting a ‘Free Ride’ but then on the turn at 500 was shocked to see Champ had switched and was now on MY feet – cheeky git.
The Mermaid and Steve flew past soon after and I was struggling in from about 700 out, At the 850 mark I was gonski and coming into the wall at 900m the Champ put in the ‘Big Ones’ to just touch out and stand – Only problem for the young chap was that he still had another 100 to go, I wasn’t about to stand around on ceremony and was away for the final time getting that break on him.
Meanwhile Emma and Steve were long done as hyperthermia was setting in as they waited for us.
I managed to hold Champ out coming in on 18.01 for my slowest time for about 18 months  with Champ some 5-6 seconds behind.
Buggered at the end, but hopefully now the worst of the weather is behind us will now try to get to the pool at least twice a week going forward.
Huge Congratulations to Emma , who despite telling me she hasn’t swum much over the past 6 months was still strong enough not only to take the Duck but have the fastest swim time of the day with 13.35
Times were’
Emma Mermaid  13.35
Manly Steve         14.00
Angus Boyd          15.49
Timmy                     18.01
The Champ           18.16

Big weekend on the cards again , although will definitely be out for the Sunday long run this weekend. Apologies to the footy fans of late with my lack of footy talk and expert analysis.
The Stoke Bandwagon rolls on though and you best get on them this week at home to West Brom –
Take the Timmy’s Tip and back Stoke 2 v West Brom 0

Have a great weekend.
Train well & Stay Safe
Cheers
Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment