Thursday, September 24, 2015

Half a Double Header Session.



Terrible conditions once again and only the tough were out for today’s Double Header. The NEW Curl Curl Champ Richie Mullaney was out leading from the front and when the going gets tough, HuRTS #1 Renee is never far away and was joined by other ladies Erika Ekland, Greta and one other lady who I’ve yet to meet but looks pretty strong?
I was struggling for time today but seeing I was in town with a client before I ventured over for the first leg that is the 20 minute hill tempo. The key was not to start to hard and just maintain a steady pace, Richie went out strong, and I found I was soon behind Brucie Lambert as I went through the first k in a healthy 4.08
Lapped a few of the back markers soon after but was already looking at the watch as early as about the 8 minute mark.  Managed to get to half way and was happy to tick the clock down after that as I noticed the pace was dropping. This is one tough session but it was made slightly easier today as the high wind was behind us each time heading UP the hill that was more than welcome.
Averaged 4.20s for the whole 20 minutes.

A quick trip over to the Stone Gates soon after and I basically set the guys off for the 5k tempo run but had to make a quick exit once I’d seen them depart.

Back to the pool tomorrow for the swim to end the week.

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment