Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Running with Tommy and his Trotters



Cold, Wet and Windy as I decided to get the bike back out and head to Centennial for my first ride of the season (apart from the BRAT duathlon) – Yep, another great move by Lindop. Tough going and in the swirling wind at times it felt as if I wasn’t even moving.
Very quiet this morning and wasn’t helped in the fact I didn’t see a sausage that meant I had to cycle solo as each lap felt like about 10. Returned home with just under 30ks done but was satisfied to see I was able to hold 28.7ks/hr
A lot of work to be done before now and Nepean if I’m to take on Champ, and more importantly before the Sprint Races at Kurnell where I fear the ‘Standard’ 3 minute head start from Crossy Lad will be nowhere near enough.

Into town at lunch and after running an easy 6ks with a client I organized to meet up with Tommy H, surprised then when I rocked up to see Mikey standing there with his 'Merry Men' of about 12 who were out for an ‘Easy trot’. Good to see him back and it appears he’s getting more regular these days even using the HuRTS distribution list for his own personal use.
Easy around the Domain, Farm Cove and past the Passenger Terminal, Tom, Razor and I turned just under the Bridge and cruised back until we hit the Opera Gates and then it was decided we’d run the final 3ks back to the Stone Gates at pace. Both Razor and Tom took off pretty fast whilst I was working alone battling the high winds and hills for the tough return. Felt I was going backwards near the A.B.C and again coming over the expressway and was more than happy to get to the Gates in 11.30 – averaging 3.50 pace
Just over 11k in total, plus the 6ks prior gave me a decent 17k for the day.

Well if last Wednesday we had Kanser talking absolute TRASH, today it was Tommy H’s turn…… Oh My Gawd, What twaddle he churned out, never stopped going on about his ‘Gammy Toe. His overnight blog stooped to new LOW levels as he posted photos for all to see (thank God only 2 people saw it)
Anyway on the plus side, I’m pleased to report that the Geordie Boy is on the mend. Even getting his running back on track as he covered the 3ks in 10.15 (3.30 pace).And just to prove all was OK he then flipped his shoes & socks off and made sure his feet were still in working order.

Tommy H couldn't resist showing me how his toes are on the mend.

Will be back in town tomorrow for toughest of the lot - the 'Double Header' 20 minute of Hills followed by a 5k tempo...... Let's hope the winds have dropped by then.

Cheers







No comments:

Post a Comment