Sunday, September 6, 2015

Swimming with Crossy Lad at P.A.P.



Spring time and with temps up over 20 degrees it was time for  ‘Mr. I don’t train when it’s cold’ Andy ‘Crossy Lad’ Cross to come out from his winter hibernation and return to the pool.
Just to the two of us as we ventured done to P.A.P for a little set that included 200s, 100s and 50 metre efforts. Crossy led the first 3 x 200s and I managed to hold his feet on each as he was coming in around 3.13s.  Wasn’t having it all my own way though as he then made me do a stint from the front for the 4th, but surprised when I touched out for 3.15
The 100s were tough as we were rolling every 1.45 before we finished with the 8 x 50s. Crossy wanted to pull the pin after the 6th but I’m sure once he thought of the abuse he’d get from me – decided to get the extra two done (oh the power of the blog)
Good old set and despite the lack of swimming I felt OK today and will aim to pick up some extra sessions from here on in.

Glute still playing me up so have decided to be sensible and take the week off from running to try to get it right. Started to find a little form of late and would rather miss 7 days instead of trying to battle against it and then be out for a longer period.

Will still need to run with my clients, although hopefully I can get through some of my easier classes without doing too much damage.

A few more pics from Saturdays North Head race.

L-R. Pete Walker, Chairman Tommy H and Sammy Agnew. All blowing far too hard it looks like.

Fats leading from the front - sadly, he was to blow a gasket soon after , seen with Todd and Macca (far left).

Our little train, Hoey, Jeet and Renuad, ..... I am still on the train - that's my legs just behind Jeet in the long socks.

Erika Ekland looking in good shape before her Melbourne Marathon coming up in October.

Gleeso on his way to another PB

Cheers





No comments:

Post a Comment