Thursday, October 22, 2015

Big Swim and Rushcutter 400s


Busy morning but was keen to maintain my Thursday morning swim set and with a little help and a pair of feet to sit on I was all prepared for a big set ahead, and after a 400m warm up I was told what was to follow was.

3 x 200s rolling every 3.30, 8 x 50s rolling every 60 seconds -   repeat  x3

A quick tally and realised that added to 3ks even without my warm up .... ouch

Got through the first set OK, coming in for the 200s on about 3.18 – 3.19 and then the 50s with a longer break, Started to feel it on the 2nd round although was still happy enough with the 3.20s and holding.

Come the 3rd round though I was consigned to only doing the 3 x 200s knowing that would get me up to the 3k marker and I could live with that. An easy 100m cool down was all I could muster before feeling satisfied with 3.1k done for the morning.

 

Down to Rushcutters at lunch, and it’s not often I go against the boys or the Chairman Tommy H on the planned set sessions but with them doing 800s I only had 400s on the cards, With my race on Sunday, plus the fact I did 800s on Tuesday I stuck to my guns and decided on the 10 x 400s rolling every 2 minutes.

It worked pretty well as on every odd rep I would start with Tom, Tonge and Jerome working from the front with them holding 74s. The even ones were tougher though – running solo I was made to work twice as hard and even then lost a few seconds.

Even feeling tired I was moving OK, and managed a 73 second lap on the 9th rep before giving myself the extra break and then kicking it down for the final rep with a 71.

Times were: 74, 75, 73, 77, 74, 77, 75, 78, 73, 71

 

Even though the even rep times were down a little I’ll take that.

 

A good team out today with Jerome the pick of the boys as he matched it with Tommy H on the last rep for a rather sharp 2.20 to end the 800s.

Nice to see #1 Lady ‘Mrs Kenny’ out leading and keeping the second group of 800s honest, and Kroney was looking sharp and all of a sudden looks dangerous now to me for Sunday at Nepean.

A good warm down with Barts, J-Fen, Tommy H and Enda as talk turned to the upcoming Beer Mile, Barts pulled out straight away, Fenton will only run if Budweiser is on display, Tommy is still unsure that he can consume 4 beers, and Enda has already confirmed his 18th cold will be a major hindrance for him come the night.

 

Earned myself a couple of rest days now before Sunday’s first Tri of the season, and even booked in for a few hours of massage and pamper in the morning.

 

Big weekend coming up, In the footy Stoke play at the home of footy ‘The Brit’ and entertain Watford for what is a banker home win. Get on NEW boy ‘Shaq’ to get on the scoresheet as well. It’s taken him some time to settle and its true his best performance has only come on his sons Xbox FIFA 15 game but I can see him showing his class this week against a very mediocre Watford team.

Timmy’s Best Bet – Stoke 3 vs. Watford 1

 

Out to the glorious west on Sunday for the Nepean Tri – looking forward to it and hopefully I can start the season with a decent time although the bike leg is still a query ?

A full report to come Monday.

 

 

 

Have a great weekend

Train well, stay safe

Cheers

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment