Tuesday, October 6, 2015

McKay 800s and Ted Rogers Dusty Bin Swimming


With a 37 degree day set for Sydney the only option was to get the run done as early as possible that meant an S.O.S call to Kanser last night for help to get me through some 800s before the heat came.

Arranged a time and then waited, and waited, and waited more  until I was cursing him and started the first rep without the lad. Rolled around for the double lapper in 2.42 just as Kanser decided to make an appearance blaming the ‘Nanny’ (as you do) for his usual late arrival.

Kanser was feeling a little under the weather and said he was good for 6 reps that suited me as I was already one ahead and after the weekend I had, then I’d be happy to be able to get through 7.

We tried to keep the pace slightly easier but even then we were both blowing pretty hard as early as the 3rd & 4th reps, Kanser was right on my shoulder for about 400m throughout but I was simply holding the pace second time around whereas I think he was dropping off by a second or two?

Pace for each was solid and consistent at least and was then happy enough to record my fastest on the 7th to finish.

Times were 2.42, 2.43, 2.45, 2.44, 2.43, 2.42, 2.38

Glad to get that all out the way by 8am as you could feel heat already.

 

Lunchtime, and with missing the Monday swim I put out the call to see if Crossy Lad wanted to join me at P.A.P for what was supposed to be an easy swim? After a warm up we went with the Old Ted Rogers & Dusty Bin set .... 3, 2, 1 (you may need to be English to understand?) x 3 sets for 1800m all up .

Crossy agreed to lead the first one and I was working pretty hard just to stay on, I was forced to take out the second rep, and pushed the pace so much Cross snapped a ‘Heartstring’ .... sorry snapped his goggles on my 200 rep and was then forced to finish off without.

With two sets done we then decided just to finish off with 2 x 100m efforts for the day.

Times 300/200/100m -  4.49, 3.19, 1.38 & 4.45, 3.13, 1.38

2 x 100s 1.32, 1.29

 

Only 1500m all up but the swim was a mighty relief in the heat

Good day all around, especially after the long weekend we just had.

 

Cheers

 

The Pests together for one final time causing mayhem. Stevie T and the Stallion Durante.

1 comment:

  1. As someone who only reads this blog for the quality rugby commentary, I feel let down.

    ReplyDelete