Monday, October 19, 2015

McKay Oval 8 x 800s with the Eastside Elites.


With warm temps arriving I thought I’d get out early and enlisted the help of some of the Eastside Elites for some 800s on McKay Oval. Had the pleasure of HuRTS #1 Prince Ho, Former #1 Irishman Kanser, and #1 Romeo at the moment Pommy Birch for the tough set ahead. After Sunday’s mammoth ride I wasn’t sure what to expect today and was therefore happy to roll around the first rep just behind Hoey with a 2.38.  Hoey continued on for a recovery floating lap whilst the rest of us took the 90 seconds recovery.

Kanser was on my tail on the first 400 only to drop off on the second half of each as I was somehow holding it altogether.  Delighted as more than anything I was consistent with every rep done in under 2.40 – something that I’ve not done for a long time, and as free as I’ve moved since the glute issue.

Kanser and Birchy were almost done once the 7th was finished but rallied for one final 400m effort, as I tucked behind Kanser to keep me honest for my 8th and fastest one of the day

Times for the day were. 2.38, 2.39, 2.39, 2.38, 2.39, 2.38, 2.39, 2.34

 

Hoey doing it easy was cruising around in about 2.34s, Kanser about 2.46s and Birchmaster roughly 2.53s

 

Great session and probably my strongest, thanks mainly to having the lads out helping me.

 

 

Taffy on photo duties at last weeks Biathlon as I come in from the 4k run - buggered.

The pool looks so inviting.

Until I get in and flap my way through the 300m

cheers


No comments:

Post a Comment