Friday, October 16, 2015

Run and Swim to end the week.


Morning. Arranged to meet Birchy at McKay for some 400s followed by a flat lap tempo but with me running late and Birchy short on time we just settled for the 400s in the end.

Very humid morning first up and with a short turnaround from last night’s race I was feeling it pretty much from the first rep as I rolled around with a  78. Shared the oval with cricketer Davie Warner and his wife Candice Falzon who was doing some specific drills and explosive work nearby, and Birchy seemed to have an extra spring in his step each time he went past the ironwoman.

Kept all the reps between 77 & 78 and dropped the last lap down to a 72 to end.

Tired at the end and was happy that Birchy was unable to do the tempo as I honestly don’t’ think I had it in me and quickly retired for coffee and toasted banana bread once done.

 

Lunch. Very warm day and headed to town for the usual Friday swim, only Manly Steve and a surprise appearance from the Frenchman Jerome to start and I feared the worst. Luckily a good team turned up and we had a full squad back and nice to see ‘The Leech back with his NEW Dublin suntan...... Jesus, talk about milk bottle, he makes Angus Boyd look like Sammy Davis Jnr.

A  good 400 warm up solo followed by a series of 300, 200 and 100s for the day with the 200s ranging from 3.02 to 3.17 depending on who was leading the lane.

Poor Brendan Wong leads one rep then spends the next 25 minutes whinging on how fast it was – nightmare.

2ks all up for the day and a nice way to end the week

 

A big weekend coming up with the return of the premier footy, Stoke travel to Wales and will be forced to leave there sense of humour at the boarder before crossing to play Swansea. Tough enough match and although we should win – I’m going to sit on the fence with this one and predict a 1-1 draw

Will try to get out for the long run on Sunday, although I would prefer to get out for a bike ride, unfortunately PLOD has gone all soft and requires a sleep in on Sundays and won’t go with me ..... the blokes lost it.

 

In HuRTS other news I’m hearing;

1.       Congrats to Prince Ho and his wife Lorie on the birth of new daughter Trinity – great news, and I suspect an extra chair will have to be pulled up for the Sunday breakfast houses around town going forward.

2.       Spoke to good guy and one of HuRTS all time favourites Richie High this morning, trying to get him for drinks on the 19th November, Tells me he’s in good form and is that confident that he has already offered me a 2 minute handicap start at the final Striders 10k at Lane Cove in 2 weeks time. Always said that man was a shark.

3.       From the NO names file..... Spotted one Female HuRTS runner smashing out fast reps around Farm Cove today despite telling everyone she is not doing any training ........beware all come JPMorgan.

4.       And Finally it seems old Pommy Birch is on a roll at the moment. Looks like his New Year’s resolution is coming good, I’m sworn to secrecy but I can tell you that Susan is old hat and he has a new flame on the go.  As I say I can’t spread names or rumours but I did snap a photo of her walking up outside his gaff at Edgecliff overnight – see below.

After a slow start to the year - The Birch is killing em at the moment.
 

 

Also nearly forgot – good luck to all those racing over the weekend, Melbourne Half and Full Marathon is on that a few of the guys are racing, special mention to Gleeso who I know is in good form so look out for a PB from the Manc Boy. Whilst over in Adelaide Crossy Lad is lining up for the World Championships in the Biathlon and I’m expecting big things after his performance at the same race last year.

 

Have a great weekend

Train well & Stay safe

Cheers

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment