Thursday, November 5, 2015

A.B.C Biathlon 19.38 - 4th Overall.


Miserable night and didn’t really want to make the effort but still went into town for race 5 (my 4th) of the A.B.C Biathlon series. No sign of ‘The Missile’ Ed whose won every race so far but HuRTs Mike was on the starting line as to was old mate and PRO guy Dave Matthews who has raced over the years in the ITU races and was making a rare guest appearance.

Nice also to see new female HuRTS girl Bindi on the start line as well after talking to her at Oktoberfest last Saturday and hearing she is a very good swimmer.

A good warm up and I knew the wind was going to make the return leg difficult but at least we had the tough ‘Up’ heading out with a tail wind.  Normal service pretty much from the gun as I settled in 5th spot and just couldn’t get with the guy (Alex) who was about 5-10 seconds ahead.

Got to the turnaround in about 7.07 I think the guy called out and straight away was battling the winds on the way home. Didn’t get any closer as I hit the top of the stairs in 14.14 some 14 seconds behind Alex.

Felt terrible coming down the stairs as the customary 20 odd second transition took place before jumping in trying to reel in those ahead. With each 50m I felt I was closing in and at the 250m mark I knew I had him. Managed to draw level with 4th guy but the bugger kicked again and I was forced to kick even harder to get past and somehow found the wall 1 second ahead of him coming home in 19.38 to his .39

Pretty happy overall for my 2nd fastest of the 4 races I’ve done and only 3 seconds off the first week of 19.35.

Run time 14.04

Transition 22 sec

Swim time  5.02

 

Cheers

 

No comments:

Post a Comment