Thursday, November 26, 2015

A.B.C Biathlon 4th - 19.49


Thursday AM. With temps predicted for near 40 degrees it was already over 28 at 6am in the morning as I headed to PAP for the regular Thursday morning swim. Despite what was ahead it’s a great way to begin the day and after a short warm up we were into the 3ks set.  A mixture of repeats 400, 300, 200 and 100s with ‘Paddles, buoys and then ‘free’ style

Tough set – and didn’t feel as strong as previous weeks but it’s another 3ks in the bank all the same.

 

PM. Was dreading the biathlon all day with the high temps, luckily it had cooled down enough by 6.30pm, unfortunately it brought the high winds instead that made it even tougher. The out section up the hill is hard enough without the conditions and I really struggled to get to the turnaround at the Stone Gates in 7.21 this week. A bit easier coming home that was until the final pathway beside the water for the final 300m when you were up against the headwinds once more coming into T1 at the pool.

Time called 14.21 coming in 5th place and was happy to come down the stairs slowly in order to bring the heart rate down. Even then I was still in the pool before 4th place as I worked my way down for the first 50m. Had a glance up and couldn’t see anyone to chase down and with heavy arms I was just happy to get through the 300 metres ahead.  Had a lane rope malfunction with 50m to go as it drifted all over the place that caused mayhem and I was forced to stop for a few seconds (telling Matty it cost me at least 30 seconds though J )

Didn’t overtake no one and wasn’t caught as I stopped the clock in 19.49 – swim time 5.05

Time was down from previous but it was all in the run leg that didn’t surprise me, the lad I normally have the battle with went out like a shot and I was never near him (think he run sub 14) and certainly wasn’t close enough to swim him down this week so the victory was his as he reversed the form from last race.

Only two more races in the series that I will be keen to see out.

 

Tomorrow is the ‘Double Header’ – first up the 1k Swim time trial and then in the evening, the much awaited  HuRTS Beer Mile’ , loads of TRASH talk for this one ...... now’s the time to ‘Walk the Walk’

My top 3 for the race will be Charlie, Renaud and Adrian McGarva – with Macca not far outside the top 3.

First Lady – Corky O’Connor.

 

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment