Sunday, November 15, 2015

Back on the Horse.


After a week of no running and some harsh comments (unjust I may add) from some quarters it was back on the horse today and first up it was a few ks around Centennial.  Even saw the Irish brothers PLOD & Evan around the park who I believe are also on the comeback trail as well.

Armed with the headphones and a selection including Bowie, The Jam and The Waterboys ‘Whole of the Morning’ blasting away on a stunning morning I was soon ticking the ks over. Thought I’d have been happy to run sub 4.30s but even after the first 2ks I was running 4.20s and just seemed to quicken from that point.

Did the normal Sunday 10k loop but retraced my steps in the park instead of doing the Driver Ave, footy stadium part that meant it was longer.

10.5k all up in 44.25 – averaging a healthy 4.15s along the way.

Pretty happy with that one, amazing what a week’s break will do for you. Maybe I’m NOT finished just yet?

 

Lunchtime it was down to PAP and met up with a few of the boys for a dip that included regular Monday partner Crossy Lad, Pete Walker, Angus,  Kroney and The Champ. After Crossy got through his 1001 injury concerns we decided to knock out 6 x 300s

Happy to hold all between 4.40s and 4.45 for the set and wish I could do likewise in the Biathlons on Thursday evenings just for one rep in the faster A.B.C Pool.

2k all up.

 

 

Just a quick shout out to the North Shore boys who hosted Birchy, Jeet and myself on Saturday for the popular Curry Night, Quality night with a good turnout of about a dozen. Plenty of TRASH talk from the NOTB boys especially once they’d had a Kingfisher or two. Most talk centred around the upcoming ‘Beer Mile’ and I didn’t miss the opportunity to tap the lads up for a wager along the way. Got in early (before he fell asleep) with The Chairman and had $20 – scratch bet. Captain Grumpy Justin was a little more confident and agreed to give ME 28 second handicap start. Tried to get on with Irelands toughest man Macca but when it comes to the drinking side of things, he’s a little less upfront and refused my bet. I did however backed OUR boy Enda Stankard to turn him over in the same event for a friendly $20 ....... Stankard better NOT let me down now.

A good ‘Ruby’ was consumed before we returned to the nearest boozer only to look behind and see all bar Tommy H and Taffy all kissing each other goodnight with the night over.

Not sure what’s got into Taffy James lately, but since he’s gone live NOTB he’s like a changed man – absolutely hammered and was talking more $h!te than normal. Still, he’s a good lad and somehow managed to get the boys into some dive that is pretty popular called the Boatshed.

Beers were in full flow by now and pleased to say Tommy H only fell asleep on one occasion....... He was ordering the beers at the time but that’s a different story.

Thanks again to the boys and I’ll look forward to returning in December some time – I’ll even shout the Kingfishers with the winning Beer Mile winning dosh when I do.

 

Back out tomorrow with the HuRTS crew – 45 minute tempo I think, 60 seconds on /30 off

 

A few pics from Saturday .

Agreeing to a $20 bet with the Chairman on the Beer Mile Race, Got in early before he fell asleep, but even then I think he was starting to struggle?

I'm guessing that Justin's drinking is better than his running after giving me a healthy 28 second start in the same race?

Perfect Hosts NOTB Hard Boys - Charlie and Irelands #1 Macca. Lets hope my boy Enda can turn Macca over and win me a few bob.

This is what I'm up against in the Beer Mile.

Cheers



No comments:

Post a Comment