Monday, November 23, 2015

HuRTS 6 x 5 minute Efforts (90 sec rec)


Hot day and big turnout for the 8 x 5 minute HuRTS session but not sign of the Top 3 (Hoey, Barts or ‘Special Q)? But C.T was there to make sure some of the faster guys at least had something to chase.

Knew I’d struggle today with the recent lack of running not helped by a big weekend and despite going out easier on the first rep I had already accepted that 6 was the ‘magic’ number to get to.

Had a decent team around me for the first rep with the likes of Angus, Steve Perry, both Lambo’s and made sure I was standing beside the ‘Happy Hammer (James Gosnell) on 5 minutes in order to give him a blast about his beloved West Ham who got hammered 4-0 on the weekend

Return I always find easier and got back with a good 10 seconds to spare,  The 3rd and 4th reps were pretty much identical but was certainly working far harder.

The start of the 5th was OK but lost it after about 90 seconds so decided to run the rest out with the ‘Sweaty (Craig) and #1 Mrs Kenny (Renee) at 4 min/ks. Picked it up a little on the final return and tried to help out ‘Babe’ Ruth on the early stages with one final effort for the last 90 seconds or so.

I think most had the same idea as me with the 6 reps as it was carnage once done with bodies everywhere, and even poor Frenchman Jerome was miffed as he was  trying to get the gang started of only a 60 second recovery instead of the listed 90.

 

Struggled although the pace for the first 4 wasn’t as bad as I was perhaps feeling.

Pace per/ks 3.40, 3.34, 3.39, 3.36, 3.59, 3.48

A good warm down with the likes of C.T, Macca, J-Fen as talk turned to the upcoming ‘Beer Mile’ on Friday.

 

Nice to see Muzza, Rich Mullaney  &  ‘Tea Towel Tony’ Fats back with us, Geez, he really has lost it lately – even I was ahead of him for the first rep.
 
 
Another happy punter – this time Gleeso paying his debts thanks to our little wager at the recent Lane Cove 10k.
Nice one Gleeso, next up the Husky Long Course Triathlon in Feb, where he’s rorted me –  I’ve to give him 8 minute handicap start, despite the fact he’ll murder me on the bike leg and there is nothing in it on the swim.
 
 
Cheers

 

No comments:

Post a Comment