Friday, November 27, 2015

November 'Golden Duck' 1k T/T - 16.33


Big crew and plenty of excitement for the November 1k handicap swim with Hoey making a debut, The ‘Two Brendan’s’ looking confident, Gleeso parading around in his fancy swimwear, and Kroney taking it one step further by wearing a ‘speedsuit’

 

Hoey was first away with Gleeso not far behind, my first aim for the day was to try to reel the Champ in who I was forced to concede 25 seconds to, after about 400m there was still no sight of him as I was swimming solo, changed lanes and jumped on someone’s feet who it turned out wasn’t even with us and proceeded to stop at around the 600m mark.  Saw Kroney at the 700 metres stage of the race so changed back lanes and tagged on him for a short time as he was flying and I basically had to finish the last 4 laps by myself.

Touched out in a PB of 16.33 that I was delighted with but it still was only good enough for 3rd as Kroney took out the Duck and a much improved Champagne wasn’t far behind.

Congrats to Kroney on the win, he really has improved over the past two months knocking nearly two minutes from his September T/T – Wonder how much that ‘Speedsuit’ helps though? And to think  I got bagged and given a 60 second penalty the last time I wore my ‘Floaty Pants’

The lads are getting faster with loads of PBs for the day, which bodes well for those heading into the triathlon season.

 

 

Kroney with his prized 'Golden Duck'

He may have a case to answer at the tribunal though with the Speedsuit.

The full story on the above and a whole lot more to come ..... Oh Dear.

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment