Wednesday, November 18, 2015

'Silly Old Moo'


Stunning morning and to the pool it was for the now regular Thursday morning 3k swim. As hard as this session is its one I am actually enjoying these days in an effort to help build the ks for the tri season ahead. The third swim a week is starting to make a huge difference to me I feel.

Basically a repeat of last week, and after a 600m real easy warm up it was into the 15 x 100m efforts rolling every 1.45. Got to number 6 and wondered if I could get through them all but once 10 were done it seemed to get easier. Always helps though when I can sit on feet throughout.

This was followed by some fast 100s and the quick guys fired up rolling every 1.30 for this one, whereas I was just about making it therefore eventually  going every 2nd rep to get a decent recovery.

A few warm down laps and it was another 3ks in the bank.

Tough, but dare I say it...... It’s getting slightly easier.

 

No running today, but with 35 degrees out it was never going to happen, plus I somehow pulled my groin slightly the other day so the extra rest day certainly won’t do any harm

 

Pretty sad week as we lost a couple of people,  in Rugby Legend Jonah Lomu the Kiwi winger who was the first real superstar of the game. He kind of changed the way the game was played. Never seen anyone as devastating as him in full flight (just ask poor Mike Catt at the 95 World Cup)

 

Even sadder though for me was the passing of one of my old comedy favourites Warren Mitchell, what a true legend this bloke was thanks in part to his most enduring character Alf Garnett in the sitcom ‘Till Death us Do Part’  Poor Alf was this Grumpy old man who supported West Ham (I’d be grumpy to if that was the case), who was politically incorrect and not afraid to have a rant about.... well anything.

Actually saw him on stage a few times in later years, and over the past 15 years decided to see his final days living out at Kirribilli in Sydney. A finer talent you wouldn’t see.

R.I.P Warren Mitchell.




On to lighter matter, tonight is the annual HuRTS presentation, always a cracker of a night , will be interesting to see who takes home the Awards for the year. Plenty of TRASH talk is the go and I’m hoping everyone makes an appearance, Unfortunately no Kanser (U.S.A) , Quentin, or even #1 blog reader ‘The Stallion’ (Singapore), so it looks like Birchy could be back making a claim for ‘Best Pie Eater’ again in Durante’s absence over at ‘Harry’s, Cafe  although Barts wasn’t holding back last year.

A full report and photos to come tomorrow – I don’t know the winners but I’m sure of 5 things for tonight.

1.       Tom will fall asleep and we’ll have to stick him in a cab.

2.       Taffy will roll up about 8pm

3.       Enda will try to convince anyone that will listen that he’s Ireland’s #1 all despite limited training.

4.       Mikey will forget his shoes and show in his flip flops

5.       Fats & Heyden will be wearing tea towel shirts

.........some things just never change.

 

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment