Monday, December 28, 2015

Centennial Park 1600m Reps


With the Xmas break I put a call out to see who was keen to do a HuRTS like set early morning in the park and was surprised to see 13 takers that included girls Corky, NOTB Elle and Laura returned with a big smile on her face after her Sunday ordeal choking on the Pittwater Road fumes to return to her proper home.

Decided on one of my old favourites that is the 1600m reps and after showing the gang the route down the path, around duck ponds, bridges and past the lovely wildlife we were set for 4 reps of the best. Led the first rep out although I suspect the faster guys were just warming up but I was still happy enough to hold 3.30 pace as I crossed out in 5.38

Brucie Lambo fired up for the 2nd rep whilst I tucked in with my new found pacer in talented Jerome and maintained the pace knocking a second off with a 5.37 although was blowing pretty hard and the body was in a world of pain especially through the rib and shoulder area after a couple of falls during Sunday’s epic day.

Was pretty much done after the second put held on to Jerome again for the 3rd rep, till about the 1100m mark before he gapped me as I was starting to fade and was surprised then when I only dropped a second to finish with 5.39

Knew I should have completed the 4th but just didn’t have it in me as the gang set off, and before I knew it Jerome had put his foot down and blew everyone away coming in with a 5.08

Pretty solid work from everyone else with all giving positive feedback on the session that was pleasing to hear, and Elle was already to sign on the dotted line to join the SOTB crew for the New Year.

 

Will do something similar on Thursday and do some 800s on McKay for all those interested.

 

Lady Laura returned to SOTB with a  BIG smile to fresh air, and friends to get her training back on track after her ordeal NOTB on Sunday, Poor girl needed counselling.

A few more pics from Sunday, with Taffy James, Jeet, Enda and Pommy Paul Birch.

The betting boys Taffy (Husky race), Craig (London against Tom) and Irelands #1 Macca (London plus 15 minutes)

My number 1 fan and great kid.... Charlie Highnam, although I still need to work on him about his favourite English football team in Stoke.

Enda's 'selfie stick' certainly got a good workout throughout the afternoon.

Cheers



No comments:

Post a Comment