Wednesday, December 30, 2015

End of Year 8 x 800s on McKay Oval.


Well Lambo, Laura, Ant, Corky O’Conner and a ‘boozed up’ Birchy all came back for more and Enda made a return whilst Elle loved it that much on Tuesday that she set up camp in Centennial and was all ready to roll again this morning for a tough 8 x 800m set to end the year,

A hot morning and with the smell of booze oozing out of many we knew it wasn’t going to be easy, Had Lambo and Enda working together taking it in turns to lead out whilst I sat in 3rd wheel as I covered the first rep with a 2.37 Held pretty well after that for each one as the two boys were on average coming in some 4 seconds ahead. Felt terrible but to my surprise times were consistent and once Enda had finished the 6th rep he then agreed to ease off slightly and help me out with the 7th that saw me return with my quickest for the day in 2.34

Spent after that but instead of throwing in the towel I decided to help out Corky for the last, she was doing 2.57s throughout so was delighted she was able to lift and finish off the session with a strong 2.50

My times were. 2.37, 2.38, 2.36, 2.37, 2.36, 2.37, 2.34, 2.50

Another strong set by everyone, with Laura getting her speed back up, Lambo & Enda banging out 2.32s (?), whilst the rest of the gang were all sub 3s for the whole 8  The only one not looking so happy at the end was poor Elle, not because of her times but just for the fact we told her there were NO more sessions this year and that she had to return to the NOTB.

Finished off with coffee at the cafe, and that just about wraps it up for the year, It’s been a good one and even if I didn’t get the results in races I’ve been looking for I’ve really enjoyed the training over the past 12 months with the gang and will look for more of the same in 2016 ...... Only with better results J

 

Have a great New Year everyone, Enjoy, stay safe and don’t over-do it on the celebrations this evening.

I will be back in the next couple of days (once I’ve recovered) to give the ‘Year in Review for 2015 and look into my Crystal Ball to see what is ahead for 2016.

 

The team on completion of the 8 x 800s to end the year.
 
Helping Corky O'Connor out on the 8th rep to a strong 2.50.

And Enda & Lambo do a good 'deed' in helping Laura get her fastest on the 8th and final set.

Cheers

 

No comments:

Post a Comment