Saturday, December 5, 2015

Sunday Long Run with 'I Dream of Enda' Laura.


Amazing what an early night and NO ale can do for you as I headed to the park feeling remarkably fresh for my first decent Sunday run for ages. Massive team of the Eastside’s finest and once Laura had told us all about her overnight adventure that she ‘Dreamed of Enda’ we were away. It’s a family blog so I won’t tell the story – ask her yourself when you get the chance.

Started with C.T , Enda, Laura, NOTB boy Brucie Lambo, Craig, and good to see the return of Jeet and Renaud back from New York as well as a few others. Good pace although I barely noticed it as I was still coming to terms with Laura’s revelation as we returned to the cafe with 6ks under our belt.

Picked up the later 7AM starters that included Gleeso, Hoey, Greta and even Champ (first timer) as we run the 10k loop although included the Woollahra Hill part instead of the flat Captain Cook + Stadium route.
With 16ks down there was just time for one flat 4k loop and armed with Hoey, C.T, J-Fen, Brucie and Champ just about hanging in we picked the pace up to  finish it off at 4.10 pace.

20ks done and dusted in 87.20  average for the morning 4.26s

6ks – 27.35 @ 4.36s

10ks -44.00 @ 4.24s

4ks – 16.00@ 4.10s

 
Stunning morning all round and for the first time in ages I felt as if I was moving OK today.

 
Finished off with coffees with Jeet, Renaud and Laura before we headed to the crème –de-la- crème of the Inner West for the finest Bacon & Eggs on offer with the team. If Blog reader #1 Durante and Birchy can destroy ‘Harry’s Hot Dogs and Pies then I think we have a rival when it comes to the breakfast table ...... Champ demolished his by the time the ‘Chilli Jam’ aromas had even hit my nose.

For a full detailed report check out HuRTS #4 blogger Michael Ho as he can describe it in greater detail than I can.

 

*** Also NO sign of Pommy Birchy this morning, and if any of the NOTB boys sees him looking lost can you please return him safely back to the East. Last spotted with a picnic blanket around Narrabeen Lakes feeding the ducks (or was it Big Bird?) .... I do worry about the poor lad at times.

 

 
The start of the St Peters Park Run
 
and coming in for the finish 18.26 later
Actually look better at the end then I do at the start - form wise.

Photos care of Enda Stankard who made himself useful despite doing bugger all for the rest of the morning.


Cheers
 

No comments:

Post a Comment