Wednesday, February 10, 2016

3 x 2k Reps around Barangaroo.


Let the swimming slip lately so was keen to return for the 3k Thursday morning session that was pretty consistent at the back end of last year, certainly wasn’t fast in fact it was very slow as focused more on technique (very poor and it just highlights how bad I really am). Still 3k complete, job done.

Very hot at lunchtime with over 30 degrees registering as I made my way into town for the 3 x 2k set that was marked down, Over 2ks warm up as I snaked my way through the city for the meeting spot at the Passenger Terminal. Big turnout with Hoey, Barts and C.T leading the way and great to see the big C.E.O Militant Mikey Conway back making a rare appearance for a speed session.  With the front guys gone I found myself tucked in with Champagne of all people with Macca just ahead as we made it to Hickson Road before venturing into Barangaroo and around the new headland to get the 2ks. Happy to keep it under 3.30 pace as I come in on 6.55 (3.27 pace) but was blowing very heavy as I tried to bring the heart rate back down to a reasonable level within the 2 minutes recovery.

Worked it hard on the way back but could feel the pace just ease off a touch under the bridge at the 1500m mark as the stronger guys who I was running with on the first rep started to get away. Was toast upon completion of the 2nd and then it was a case of hanging in and getting it done. Despite my pace dropping no one was to come past me until well into Barangaroo  at the 1700m mark and it was Champ who took the honours and it fired me up to stay with him for the final 300m

Wrecked at the end but once again happy to get it completed even if my times drifted once again.

Times for the day were: 6.55, 7.10, 7.11

A 2k return back to the start line with Mikey and Hoey before a further 5ks back to the Art Gallery with Mr ‘Me, Myself and I’ (Barts) where we had a good old chin wag mostly about the upcoming London Marathon.

15ks for the day.

 

Will take a rest day tomorrow, although will head in for the Friday swim as its planned for another warm day, and I might knock out a few ks in and around the Domain beforehand.

 

cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment