Monday, February 22, 2016

Kanser Confused Tempo


Very hot day planned so reverted to plan B – the early morning session once I’d finished work. Just under 12ks done at super slow pace before hooking up with Kanser for a tempo run.  Where ever there is Kanser there is Confusion and took me an age to find him, finally tracked him down outside the park on Moore Park and he was already into it.

Tagged on and found he was just wanted to do 7k tempo around the 1k course , I love Kanser like a brother but he’s hopeless to train and work with as I found I was running around the 3.35 pace for the first lap and getting dropped as he run 10m ahead  WTF??????

Decided to run the pace I was happy with and settled at 3.42s that felt comfortable despite the already soaring heat, Could see Kanser’s pace drop around the 3.5k mark and overtook but in truth my pace didn’t alter at all.

Stopped on 5ks exactly in 18.50 average pace 3.42s as I then waited for Kanser to come home where we both decided that was enough for the day.

Certainly not the longest session done and perhaps only half of the usual lunchtime HuRTS set but by the time I cooled down I’d racked up 18ks for the morning.

3.42s are an improvement, and that included the first 2ks pretty comfortable.

Will need to get back out tomorrow though and knock out a steady 14ks or so, temps expected to be in the 30s once more so will look to do early.

 

Cheers

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment