Sunday, February 7, 2016

New Regime - Monday Morning Run.


Monday is usually set aside as a recovery day but after the weekend’s events it’s time to make a few changes and one of them is to run on a Monday and Wednesday going forward in an effort to get those extra ks in.

I’m already in the park finished by 7am so it shouldn’t be that difficult once I get into routine.  Aim today was to do 12ks with no expectations, and to run on how I felt. I was armed with my trusty iPod that I pull out whenever I’m struggling and set with some of the old favourites I was all ready to go. The old bones didn’t like the first 500m but with a bit of “Pulp’ blasting out I was soon into my stride feeling good. Surprised to see a first up 4.33 and thought I’d be happy if I could bang out the rest to a similar pace, Not sure what the next track was but it must have been good as a 4.16k was ticked off and from there and all of a sudden running didn’t seem that difficult.

Held till 8ks then decided I’d run the next 3 at tempo pace if I could and end the last one as a cool down – Right on cue at the start of the 9th ‘The Waterboys’, Paul Weller and New Order were played to see the session out as I upped the pace to be running sub 4 min/ks (something I was unable for at Homebush)

Pretty tired at the end as the heat and humidity was already setting in but I’m happy with that and it’s a start for me as I really try to kick start the year. Will look to base build over February and hope to see some improvements in time before the next Striders comes around in March.

12ks done in 50. 30 – average pace 4.14s

Splits were: 4.33, 4.16, 4.19, 4.12, 4.17, 4.17, 4.15, 4.24, 3.58, 3.59, 3.57, 4.22

 

Will be back out tomorrow for the HuRTS lunchtime set

 

Cheers

4 comments:

  1. Good work mate. I would suggest you commit to a plan before you set off rolling. Years of not abiding by this strategy myself and I am convinced you leave too many good sessions in training if you aren't committed before you set off to what you need from that session.
    That's my 5 cents:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second Andy's comments. After the weekend you've had I reckon you're over training. Pull back the pace, it's a recovery run, then train hard on Tuesday☺

    ReplyDelete
  3. I second Andy's comments. After the weekend you've had I reckon you're over training. Pull back the pace, it's a recovery run, then train hard on Tuesday☺

    ReplyDelete
  4. Timmy making all the same mistakes as before training the easy days hard means you never get a proper session done. Easy days easy, hard days hard. Running fast every session is not the solution

    ReplyDelete