Wednesday, March 23, 2016

3 x 2ks Reps & Ironman Swim


‘I Am an Ironman’... Well I swum the equivalent of the swim leg anyway this morning. Bloody nearly killed me though and how anyone then gets out and rides 180 ks is beyond me and all I wanted to do was go the coffee house and then have a sleep.

Easy 1.5ks solo with warm up and drills even getting as far as banding the legs these days, No idea why but felt I was going the drown the whole time, what a nightmare that turned out to be. Then a 6 x 300m set was called that I broke down the best way I could, before some very easy 100s to make up the 3.8ks for the morning.

 

Temps very warm as I went into town as I snaked my way down  to the Passenger Terminal for 2ks to meet a big group out for one of the toughest sets – 3 x 2k reps.  Tough sets calls for the tough men so hardly surprising Macca was there leading from the front along with top 6ft man Mike Lichtwark. I was feeling very tired even before the off today and remarked ‘why don’t we just head to the pub and  be done with’ but finally got the show under way and went out hard for the first rep.  Wasn’t far behind the front guys in truth come the 2k marker as I crossed out in 6.49 (3.25 pace). The 2 minute recovery flew , and the front guys were certainly a lot further ahead for the return but I managed to tuck in alongside Razor Wareham and didn’t lose much time wise even if I was about to keel over.

For the last rep the front guys went off their own 2 mins, that then meant I was running solo, (with a few others just behind), Was struggling from the start and under the bridge at the 500m mark I pretty much exploded. ...... Kaput, absolutely buggered, and it took the famous Stoke Heart to even get to up to the finish line. Saw the watch tick over 7.41 but I really didn’t care by this point of time.  Looking around at the end it was evident that I wasn’t the only one in the ‘hurt box’ and once everyone had recovered we made our way back for an easy 2k.

Times. 6.49, 6.52, 7.41

Enjoyed a further few ks cool down with Enda as we headed back through the city as he told me about another of his China trips he has coming up, and then had a brief chat with Warrior Charlie and Jono who were returning from a trip to ‘ Pink Leaf’ (swimming)

15k all up and I was rooted once back at the car, One hell of a tough day all round. Will enjoy a rest day tomorrow now.

 

Big long weekend coming up , will try to get out for a few runs along the way. No Premiership games this week that will delight old mate Sammy Agnew and Tommy H. Internationals on and England have a trip to old foes Germany for a friendly.

Timmy’s Tip – Take the draw, Germany 1 v England 1

 

Have a great Easter.

Train well and stay safe

Cheers

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment