Sunday, April 3, 2016

Striders Lane Cove 10k - 38.41


Collected Pommy Paul Birch and the Love Doctors (Craig & Vic’s ) en route to Lane Cove for the 3rd Striders 10k of the season and found a big HuRTS team out that included Quentin, Leech, Small Tom, Hamish, Stevie Perry, Elle, Hoey, Taffy, Mike Lichtwark and Scotty O’Connor.

A two ks warm up and then off we go, a slower star is the order of the day and happy to see a 3.45 go through for the first, Settle for the 2nd before the first of the climbs as I see the gang ahead pull away. Around the 3k mark I get Keith Hong (Buzz) come by me and decide to tuck in with him at least to the half way mark and to see out the hill. Feel as if it’s too slow though in truth but sit all the same. The 5k marker can’t come quick enough but then you still have another 400m before the turnaround. See the front guys fly down as I take on board some water at the top and then try to open up a little on the way down myself. I see Elle not far behind who is running well thanks to Hoey helping her out on pacing duties for the day, Birchy is also moving well but poor Taffy is like a busted clock and is toast (Another $20 in the kitty  from him I think).

It’s supposed to be downhill home but those 3 little pinch hills really get me and I’m struggling to keep it ticking over for the final 2.5ks home. Try to lift a few times but nothing as I see out the 10ks coming over the line in 38.41

Best run of the season so far, but still a long way off where I should/need to be. I’ll keep plugging away and hopefully a decent run isn’t that far off, Two things that did run through my mind on the back half of the race were;

1.       I’m not a racer anymore, can’t seem to push and when the going gets tough I back off.

2.       I’m NO hill runner, any sign of a incline and I’m buggered.

 

Splits for the day were, 3.45, 3.43, 4.05, 3.52, 4.15, 3.35, 4.00, 3.39, 3.55, 3.40

 

Timmy Run of the Day goes to Eastside Elle on breaking 40 minutes, Super run and just reward for the past 3 months of solid and consistent training, mainly helped by those long runs with the SOTB team. Quentin was 2nd , losing out to some 21 year old who put a minute into him over the final 5ks , Birch will be happy with his 41 as will Craig (41) and Victoria 45.20 (will go sub 45 at Homebush for sure), and I’m not sure how our Welsh friend Taffy is going to run the Canberra Marathon next week when he was struggling just to get to the line in 43 minutes ?

 

Only giving them a wrap last week – The Irish team about how well they are training BUT no sign of any of them today, Kanser? Corky?, Macca? Super Kev? And the Galway Flash Enda?  I wonder if they were on a secret camp somewhere?

 

Will take an easier week coming as its Canberra Half next Sunday as I have a lot riding on it and would love to put a solid time down.

 

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment