Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Barangaroo 4 x 1k & 4 x 500m Reps


Monday.

Recovery swim with Crossy Lad, Angus , Manly Steve and young Phoebe down at PAP. Pretty easy and only knocked out less than 1.5ks in total that suited me just fine.

 

Tuesday,

Changed the HuRTS session as it had down a 45 minute progressive set that I thought may have been too much after Sundays race. I thought a nice change would be to do a set around Barangaroo and with some guidance from Tommy H we settled on 4 x 1k reps (off 5 minutes) and 4 x 500m .

With Tom back he pretty much led from the front alongside Crossy and Nicky Roberts whilst I surprised myself by being able to sit just off Skippy Heyden and ‘hipster’ Mitch to see out the first rep in 3.14

Was already blowing hard but basically repeated on the return leg with Angus and Frenchman Dom pretty much on my heels the whole way.  Pace dropped slightly on the 3rd but was still holding well enough, and by the time the 4th came around I was glad there were no more to do.

Happy with that and for the shorter reps thought I’d help out Corky & Renee instead of overdoing it, although they both pushed the pace holding close to 3.30s to cross  out in 1.46s

Times for the day, 3.14, 3.14, 3.17, 3.19, 1.46, 1.42, 1.47, 1.45

 

Bloody tough old session and many had the old ‘Wobbly Legs’ and even more were on all fours at the end of the set. Had Angus Boyd even remark that the 45 min progressive is far easier ?

I seemed to back up OK, and it makes me think perhaps that I didn’t run hard enough after all on Sunday ?

 A good cool down at the end and got chatting to Macca who was ‘Talking the Talk’ but wasn’t prepared to ’Walk the walk’ when he said he would run a sub -35 minute race before I run a sub 37.... Geez, the man is going soft.

 

Busy week ahead, and tomorrow we honour Mikey Conway with his leaving drinks before he heads to Byron Bay. Looking forward to it and should be a fun night, although after looking at my recent batch of photos from Sunday evening and some of the people who will be attending I’m slightly worried about who I’m hanging out with. Check them out.
He may be the man in form, but I think he's losing it.
8pm ..... Yes, time for C.T to go home.
'The Love Doctors' Craig &Victoria on the other hand are always the last to leave.
Even Laura James sometimes needs a helping hand.
Taffy James with his beer goggles on.
Hard to believe but I look like I'm enjoying the Half .... and this at the 17k mark

Cheers




 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment