Thursday, May 26, 2016

Golden Duck May T/T - 15.19 Massive PB time.... with Wetsuit


Time trial time once again down at PAP and you can sense the change in the cooler weather as there was NO sign of Crossy Lad for the May ‘Duck’ that was on offer.

Nice little team all the same with Coach Walker, Champ, Leech, Krone, Angus and a surprise appearance from Paulie Hannell, I’ve not swum in 8 days now and there was talk that all toys, paddles and even wet suits were optional but that was put to bed earlier in the week. Still, I thought I’d take one for the team and go the wetsuit all the same and take the 60 second penalty that goes with such.

Paulie first away followed by Champ then Leech before I was let go, and man did the suit make a ton of difference? Found myself catching the boys within the first 200m all the while swimming oh so easy. Didn’t even look at the watch at any stage as I ticked off each 100m and even had speedy Angus working hard just to stay on my toes. Pete Walker was the only one to fly past at the 900m mark and to help out for the final 2 laps. I sat in with him for 75 before putting in the ‘big ones’ for the last 25 to record without doubt my fastest 1k in 15.19 ( pretty safe bet to say that will never be seen again).

First to the wall but in fairness it was a shallow win due to the suit so I let Coach Walker take the Duck as he swum closest to his given handicap.

Times for the Day.

Pete    14.43

Timmy  15.19

Angus   15.31

Brenda  16.39

Eoin        17.38

Champ   18.04

Paulie     18.10

 

Big weekend coming up, Heading out to watch the Swans tonight in the top of the table clash vs. Nth Melbourne , and I’m taking the Swans by 23 pts.

In England it’s the play-offs for a chance to play in the Premier league with the big boys, Sheff Wednesday take on Hull and I’ve tipped Hull to return with a 2 – 0 win.

 

Hope to get out for a the Sunday long run this week, but as usual have a party to attend on Saturday night once more so I could be missing for my 6 week straight if you take out the SMH Half L

 

Have a great weekend

Train well and stay safe

Cheers

 


Leech, Duck Winner Coach Walker, Wetsuit Timmy and Paulie Hannell post swim.
* It was too cold for Crossy Lad as he and his camera were nowhere to be seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment