Thursday, May 5, 2016

HuRTS 3 x 2ks Reps


Morning. First Thursday swim back at PAP  in over 3 weeks and was happy to knock out 2.5ks in no time at all with a decent set completed.

 

Lunchtime into town and a long warm up down to the Passenger Terminal for the tough 3 x 2k reps around Hickson and into Barangaroo . Decided even before the start the plan of attack was 1 x hard, 1 x race pace, and 1 x easy and was met by a massive team on a stunner of a day.

Front group was Frenchie Jerome, Prince Ho and Mad Dog Moyles and as they flew out I realized I was moving pretty well myself as I went past half way in around 3.18s. Only hipster Chris slightly ahead that was keeping me honest as we entered Barangaroo for the final 500m but held on OK to stop the clock with perhaps one of my quicker times with a 6.39

Two minute recovery and in this time had words with Crossy Lad (who was taking it easy ) and agreed he’d run with me pacing race pace ( I asked for 3.40)  for the return. Alongside Brendan it felt pretty comfortable as we hit half way in 3.34 time and then held to see it out in 7.06 overall.

Still feeling good I stuck to my guns and decided the last would be done at a comfortable pace and had the chance to help out #1 female Renee who told me she was running 7.45s for the previous. Not sure what happened in the two minute recovery because she wasn’t running that pace with me , she flew and looked in great shape to end with a 7.25

A good warm down back to the start with Crossy , and then carried on back through the city with ‘The Prince’

 

I know I’ve had some pretty average sessions over the past but today I actually felt good for a change and was moving freely, Don’t want to get carried away but could this be the weekend where I can finally put a half decent time back on the board ? Fingers Crossed.

 

Real easy day tomorrow, Normally swim but I’m thinking I may even give that the boot tomorrow.

 

Cheers

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment