Sunday, May 29, 2016

Monday Run and Swim.


AM. Missed my Sunday run yet again with the team yesterday so was forced out early to knock a few ks out to start the new week. Christ at this rate I’ll be needing a 10 minute head start from Enda in the half at the Gold Coast if I don’t pull my finger out.

Plan for the day was 12k doing 2 x 6k Woollahra Hill loops of the park sitting around the 4.30 pace.  Pretty straight forward and nothing really to shout home about as I ticked off the first 6k in 26.51 (4.29s) and then slightly faster on the 2nd loop in 26.28 (4.25s)

12ks in total in 53.20 average pace 4.27 – pretty easy stuff.

 

PM. Over to PAP for an easy swim with some drill and technique work thrown in by coach Pete Walker. Supported with Champ (with Fins), Angus (feeling the cold),Leech (out of form) and Crossy lad(with camera again) we knocked out a series of 100s then 5 x 200s with the pace increasing with each one. I was to kick off with 3.20 and hopefully decrease the time by 5 seconds thereafter.
Champ took the 2nd, Angus anchored the 3rd leg followed by Crossy and Pete was to bring us home.

Tough going but happy with 3.20, 3.14, 3.10, 3.04 and 3.06 – just struggled on the last rep once I’d been dropped at the 100m mark.
2ks all up in total.

 Good banter in the pool in between drills and I may have been called a ‘big log’ and a ‘goldfish’ but hey.... It looks like I’ve just knocked Andrew Crossy lads  1k PB off in the water after last week’s T/T,  so all can’t be that bad J

 

Will be back out tomorrow for the best session on the HuRTS calendar – the 3 minute efforts. Will either do 10 at 3.30 pace like last month or stick the extra 2 on for 12 and do them more at race pace (3.42s)?

 

Cheers

1 comment: