Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Swimming and Tempo Running


Monday.

 Planned on an easy swim at PAP but with Crossy Lad, Angus and Coach Walker joining The Champ and I that was never going to happen. Pace was on from the start and really battled with the 200s and was getting dropped early into each set. Drastic action was called for and put the ‘Dinner Plates’ on ( the hand paddles) and boy didn’t they make a huge difference. Went from 3.15s to hitting 3.00 minute efforts and was even called up to lead one of the 100m efforts that was on the set that I knocked out in 1.27.

Ended up a strong lunchtime set with 2ks done.
 
Crossy Lad brought his NEW toy down to swimming and spent more time taking photos than actually swimming. Seen here clowning around with Pete Walker, Champ and I.
 

 

 

Tuesday.

Those eagle eyed HuRTS boys were quick to point out that there was no session on the website so had to source one before heading into town and with keeping with the regular Tuesday tempos I went with a 9,6,3,1 minute efforts x2 (with 60 seconds break between each). Wasn’t one I was after but happy to start the set and see how it panned out with Saturdays race in the back of my mind.

With all the big guns away it was Jeet and I that actually led the team out (must be a first?) but after about 5 minutes I was joined by Dom, Toby, Rich Large, hipster Chris and a few others. Pace was honest and I tried to pick it up slightly on each rep, happy to reach Barangaroo on the 22.5 minute turnaround before the start of the 2nd 9 minute rep. That got me around the back of the O.H and I was harbouring thoughts on how many more to do when I bumped into oncoming Kanser. Mind then made up as he turned with me and we basically cruised it back home with him telling me all about recent liner cruise holiday.

Pace for the 9,6,3,1,9 minute efforts completed were.3.46, 3.42, 3.42, 3.36, 3.44

Nice to see Prince Ho back from holiday, floating around with old favourite Mikey who will sadly be leaving us soon. No sign of the Chairman Tommy H mind, even after promising me he would run with me ???

 

Wednesday.

Rest Day,

 

Couple of bets that were laid on London Marathon evening that need to put on record.

Jeet has agreed to give me 2.09 handicap start for a friendly $20 (its about time I won one after he’s cleaned me up plenty recently)

Love Doctor – Craig, I’ve had to give him 1.40 start on handicap for $20 (Jeet suggested 1.30 but as I’m a fair bloke I gave him extra 10 sec)

Kanser – Scratch bet for $20
Others on request

 

Will be back out tomorrow for the HuRTS 2k reps, but will be done at a reduced pace.

cheers
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment