Thursday, June 23, 2016

Barangaroo 1k and 400m Reps


A.M Missed a lot of swimming lately on Monday and Fridays but been keeping the Thursday mornings going that’s helped and this morning was another 3ks done. Nothing special although I was happy to be able to do my last 1k (10 x 100s ) rolling every 1.45, even if I was only getting about 3 seconds break on the 8th, 9th and final one.

 

P.M. Into town and I must have seen about 4 different HuRTs groups split doing their own thing at lunch as I made my way over to Barangaroo. I decided on a set we did about 4 weeks ago that nearly killed everyone that was 4 x 1k (1.30 sec rec) & 4 x 400s (60 sec rec). Had help with Crossy Lad braving the cold and sub 35 minute 10k runner Westpac Stevie Perry joining in the fun.

Went out hard and there wasn’t much between us (think Crossy was going easier) and completed the first rep in a healthy if somewhat too fast  time of 3.13 The 2nd rep we all found tougher due to the headwind and was 5 seconds slower with a 3.18 as the two boys got away over the last 200m.

One thing I have been doing better in recent weeks is keeping it consistent during reps and today was the same as I held the same time for the final two stopping the clock in 3.18s

I was dreading the 400s as the legs felt heavy but managed to get through them all OK , even managing to find something for the final one finishing in 71

Times for the day, 3.13, 3.18,3.18, 3.18, 74, 74, 74,71

Top session, and think it’s one that I may do once a month going forward.

Thanks to Crossy and Stevie P (and even Yum Cha  Brendan for the final two 400s) for helping me out.

 Rest day tomorrow running but will head back to the pool for the monthly 1k time trial at PAP

 

Cheers

 

No comments:

Post a Comment