Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Rushcutter 800s


Continued on with the regular 3k Thursday morning swim and once again it was bloody freezing at 6am (6 degrees) and I was wishing I was anywhere else but the pool.  Not the fastest session ever but I’m knocking over 3ks far easier than I’ve ever done.

 

Headed over to Rushcutters at lunch for a few 800s, conscious of not overdoing it and deciding to do only 5 of the 8 on program. Lighter numbers today with Gold Coast weekend and I found I was running at the front behind Jerome but level with Skippy and Brendan. Tried not to kill each one but stay relaxed wanting to hold roughly 3.20 per/k pace

Working off a rolling 4 minutes I felt fine for the first 4 and when Frenchy Jerome offered to help with the 5th I took up the opportunity to sit on his shoulder for the 2 laps to stop the clock in 2.32

Times. 2.39, 2.40, 2.39, 2.38, 2.32

A good warm down back to the City with ‘Milk Tray Man’ Tommy H ( who snuck in during the set with his black skivvy) as we chewed the fat about this week’s events and who he fancies to run well and who he doesn’t rate.

 

Best of luck to everyone who is running up North this weekend, once again the team are in good shape so will be interesting to see the results filter through the afternoon on Sunday, as well as all the shenanigans that go with the usual trips to the Gold Coast.

 

Cheers

 

No comments:

Post a Comment