Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Thursday Morning Swim


After leaving the pool then heading for coffee with the gang it took a lot of character building from myself to then head back and get the swim set done on another cold morning.
Even walking back to the pool I was still uncertain, but jump in I did and now I’m so grateful that I did. A decent set combining some 4, 3 and 200s and in between knocking out some faster 50 metre efforts to get the heart rate up.
2.7ks all up.

Rest day today running wise so won’t make it in for the HuRTS lunchtime session preferring to save myself a little for the ‘Killer’ 1600m effort tomorrow. It’s going to be tough, but in a strange kind of way I’m looking forward to it.  I know I’m certainly stronger than last year and hopefully our team is as well so we (HuRTS) can keep the unbroken record going of having won it every year since it started.

 

Massive game of footy tonight when the boys take on old mate Taffy James Welsh team over in France, Good side Wales are now but I’m confident we can get the job done and progress into the knockout stages.

Timmy’s Tip; England 2 vs. Wales 0
...and then watch Taffy James run the next Striders race in an England top as part of our little wager.

 

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment