Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Training Like an Olympian...... Looking like a Hack.


A 40 minute tempo was on the program but I enlisted the help of Crossy Lad ( and a few others who never fronted) and headed down to Rushcutters Oval for an alternative session instead. Straight out of an Olympian’s book this one with Crossy stealing one of Eloise Wellings sessions he’s been doing with her lately that was 1 x 600, 4 x 600 (with 200 floats) and 4 x 400s (with 200 floats)

Didn’t sound too bad but boy once that first 1600 was done I was already fatigued and was battling to hold form even on the first of the 600s. Somehow held the same pace on each of the 4  though and after a full lap 400 float it was just a case of hanging in to get the last part of the set done.

Absolutely spent at the end but pleasantly surprised that I was consistent throughout, Crossy Lad was looking strong and ahead for all the session but even he was feeling the pace on completion of the 4th 400m rep. Actually thought I may have him on the last as I went out hard and held him for the first 250m or so until I basically run out of gas and he stepped out of 1st gear to  comfortably glide past to take the tape.

Reps times;

1600m  = 5.29 (3.12 per/k)

600m =    1.53, 1.52, 1.53, 1.53,

400m =    74, 75, 74, 71

 

A top session and as hard as I’ve worked for a long time.

 

Rest day on Wednesday for me, and will be back down Rushcutters on the Thursday for more speed work in the 5 x 1k reps.

 

cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment