Thursday, August 18, 2016

Double Header 400s & Tempo


Wednesday. Took Monday and Tuesday off recovering, and then got back out easy on Wednesday for about 13ks all up running with clients spread over two classes. I say easy the 2nd of the classes was anything but as I took one half of the ‘Love Doctor’s’ Victoria for a set of 800s on Rushcutters Oval and she’s in pretty good nick knocking 6 out all between 3.11 – 3.19

 

Thursday. Early start with the 3k swim and struggled yet again to get through it, My arms are cactus once I’m done and I really do have to get back to adding Monday and Friday into the program if I want to see some progress.

Headed over to Rushcutters at lunch for the double header of a session and numbers were down obviously after Sundays big run. No ‘A Graders out, and many were actually asking if there were any ‘B Graders’ with only Jerome, and Enda although nice to see Muzza back as too Erika Ekland.

7 x 400s and a 3k Tempo was the go and even feeling tired I was ticking along OK as I sat in just behind Jerome for each of the 7 and keeping it consistent once again.
Times. 71, 70, 70, 71, 71, 71, 70

A short break before the tempo ,and was going to go easier but found I completed the first of the 3 laps just on 3.30 pace,  pace dropped slightly on the 2nd down to 3.34s and I was starting to tighten up and instead of pushing too hard I pulled the pin after 2ks as the clock ticked on 7.05 (3.31 & 3.34)

Love these double sets, even if I didn’t complete and happy with how I’ve pulled up from the weekend, Really want to keep up the training now till Sydney Half in September, with the view of finishing the year with a return to Melbourne for the full in October.

 

Back with another long run on Sunday, will be keen to do 25ks

 

On the footy front, the English Premier kicked off again last week, really looking forward to this season with many of the big guns all looking to improve on last season. Hate to say it but I’m tipping Man Utd to take it out , I’m a big fan of Zlatan Ibrahimovic and can see him being top scorer for the season, and with other good signings Pogba,Mkhitaryan and Bailly they will take some stopping. Other fancies are Liverpool for a top 4 position with Hull, Burnley and Sammy Aggers will hate me but I think either Tin Pot Palace or West Brom might be the 3rd team to go down.

Our HuRTS Mediocre Cup has come to an abrupt end as we don’t have Toon, Villa, this season so it was basically a walk over with Stoke only having to finish higher than the ‘Eagles’

Stoke to finish 7th for season 2016/17

 

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment