Thursday, August 11, 2016

Tapering - Mixing it Up with some 800s


Wednesday.

Easy 15ks, pretty comfortable.

 

Thursday,

A.M – Have been very slack once again on the swimming front over the past 4 weeks, although hardly surprising as I’ve been more focused on the C2S as well as interstate  for 6 days to the Red Centre. Still nice to get back in the drink this morning to turn the arms over and I basically struggled through the best part of 60 minutes as I knocked out 2.8ks in total.

Very tired at the end and my arms have been killing me since.

PM. -  With C2S on Sunday I wasn’t expecting a big turnout for the 8 x 800s at Rushcutters but even without any ‘A Graders’ in attendance we still had a good team out that included  Jerome, Mikey L, Laura, Renee, Sammy J and Leech (although for the amount he did he could have brought his deckchair).

Decided before the start just to do 5 x 800s and even that was modified with a fast 400m then a 400m float. Went out hard on the first rep with Jerome and Mikey behind as I came through the first lap in 71 seconds, had the masses come around me at different stages as the 2nd lap was done much slower in 1.34

Rolling every 4 minutes I was then delighted to hold the remaining 4 reps all at 71s as I tucked in with Jerome on the 5th as he started to open up for his final 800.

Times for the Day;

1.       71 & 1.34

2.       71 & 1.38

3.       71 & 1.36

4.       71 & 1.35

5.       71 & 1.37

 

That finally wraps up ALL training for Sunday, will rest up for the next two days (except run with client easy in the morning), Been very happy overall the past 6-8 weeks and looking forward to Sunday. Still got a few reservations though with the recent Outback Marathon still in the legs but we’ll see how it goes.

 

Not got as many bets on this year as many are either wanting silly bets or simply not ballsy enough to back themselves? Even some of the usual members have not come to the party, still, there lose. Fair play to both Sammy J and client Welsh Craig who have both wagered and will be interesting to see the outcome.

My Trifecta for first home is 1st Barts, 2nd Tom and 3rd Quentin

My run of the day prediction – Keep an eye out for Jerome who if he fires up will post a quick time.

One thing I can guarantee though – It will be a magic day and look forward to seeing everyone out and about during the afternoon and hearing all the stories over a beer or two.

 

Cheers

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment