Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Big Day, Swim and 8 x 800s

One of my biggest swims that saw 3.5ks knocked out at PAP before I dragged my tired shoulders and arms for a much needed coffee and banana bread at the local in Erko.

City at lunch and with Rushcutters under repair I changed the set to Barangaroo for the 8 x 800s that brought a good team out. Scotty O'Connor seems to be joining us more these days and was leading from the front with new guy Kevin (who I found out after rep 4 it was 'Beer Mile' Billy Batt's talented son). Beside a good runner, he's a decent lad as well.
Conditions were tough with plenty of cross winds and got worse at half way when the rain came but found I was nicely tucked in with about 8 other sub 80 minute half runners that included, Mikey L, J-Fen, Hipsters, and Angus.
Pretty consistent throughout with times dropping only slightly on the 2nd half (I blame conditions)
Times; 2.35, 2.35, 2.35, 2.34, 2.37, 2.36, 2.38, 2.35
Great session and once again I feel as these sets suit me better than those longer ones.
A decent warm up and cool down, as well as an extra two (easy reps) to mark the course and I was up to a healthy 15ks for the day.
Buggered now.

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment