Sunday, September 25, 2016

Tough Monday Tempo -16ks

As a means of penance if I miss the Sunday long run I've committed myself to doing the early Monday morning instead, but working far harder. And yes you guessed it... I was forced out after I succumb to the drink after another massive Saturday evening.
Session today was 16ks tempo, broken down into quarters, First 4k easy, 2nd 4k harder, then 3rd 4ks faster still with the final 4ks easy.
Armed with my best Monday buddies in the form of 'Kels & Wrighty (Kelly Cates and Legend Ian Wright) on the podcast of Radio 5 Live -606 English footy I was set to go. The usual first 1k felt shocking and it pretty much took till the 4th before I was moving freely. A change of pace that I was hoping to keep the next 4ks around the 4 min/k mark that I pretty much did, before the 3rd change that I found so difficult. Barely made it through and was thankful the last section was back to easy pace or else there was no way I could have gone further.
I used to do these 16ks all at the same pace but struggled just to do even 8k at a decent gallop today. Still it was still a good workout as I averaged 4.12s for the whole 16ks in 67.04
Breakdown of the splits were
1.  4.51, 4.32, 4.29, 4.20
2.  4.04, 3.56, 3.57, 3.59
3.  3.48, 3.46, 3.46, 3.47
4.  4.33, 4.19, 4.19, 4.29

Shattered by the end, and really hope not to miss too many more Sunday long runs if this is what I have to put myself through to start the week.
Many thanks to Wrighty and Kels on getting me through, Quality show, if you get the chance take a listen. On a par with the Welsh legend Robbie Savage.

Talking footy my good mate Slim Sammy Aggers has been giving me a serve lately on the Potters misfortunes. Personally I think he's gone early in giving it large ones due to his Tin Pot (Palace) outfit wining a couple of matches. Still along way to go buddy and I'm not worried at all as the quality will come through from the Potters yet - you see.
Very, very unlucky on Saturday when a last minute equalizer stopped the boys taking the 3 points but the club are heading in the right direction.
Next up Man Utd away, what a time to collect 3 points :)


Tomorrow, back out with the team for the 4 x 10 minute efforts

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment