Thursday, October 20, 2016

3 x 2k Hickson Rd/Barangaroo Reps

Started the day down at PAP for a swim and after a 1500m warm up and some drills I was asked for a 1k T/T that wasn't expected that took me by surprise. Battled through it best I could and was all set for the changing rooms before being told to do another 500m easy to make it to 3ks for the morning.
Finally exited feeling wrecked.

Will I, Won't I ? Yes, No ....was left with the conundrum as to head into the city for the HuRTS 3 x 2k rep session after a couple of big days and feeling tired. Decided to head in and at the very least run them easy. Big team out and once there I pushed the first rep at sub 3.30 pace, It took a lot out of me but pushed ahead for the second return rep and despite the stronger wind was able to get back quicker. Pretty much done by then but Tommy H rocked up during the recovery and somehow convinced me to go again and he'd pace me out. Must have caught me at a weak moment as I agreed but by the 500m mark under the Bridge I was cooked, Eased right back and was then happy to see the remaining 1500m out around 3.40 pace.
Times for the 3 were: 6.55, 6.53, 7.19
A nice 2k easy return back to the start with Jerome before Tommy H caught back up with me and made me do perhaps the longest cool down in history of the best part of another 5ks back up to the Stone Pillars around the Domain & Mrs Macs Chair. Not helped with him nearly having me in tears as he regaled with a colourful account of how stressful his life was during morning family breakfast when he couldn't decide if daughter Maggie had an Apple OR Orange with her Ham &Cheese sandwich in her school lunchbox? Talk about being stressed right out.
About 15ks all up in total.

Rest Day Friday, and a much needed massage planned.

Big weekend of footy coming up and the Potters are on a high after 4 points in the last 2 matches ( are you watching Sammy Aggers ?). This week we travel to Hull and another 3 points is in the bag I'm tipping.
Timmy's Tip - Hull 0 v Stoke 1, I'll even give you the scorer this week .... Bony.


Have a great weekend
Train Well, Stay Safe
Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment