Saturday, November 26, 2016

A.B.C Biathlon 20.03

Thursday.
Down to the PAP for Thursday morning swim set. Battled away and although still very slow I managed to get to 3.3ks before jumping out.


With the yearly HuRTS biathlon looming again next week I thought I'd better have a practise run so it was of to the ABC in the evening for my first attempt of the season. Lined up alongside Mikey L but didn't know many others although some of the guys went out like a bullet once the gun went. I must have been in about 10th place for the first 800m or so before I started to pass people. Never felt at all comfortable but got to the turnaround in roughly 7.15 and in 5th position. Put in an extra effort in front of the Art Gallery and tried to kick it down even more on the downhill as I passed 2 more and was happy enough to get to the top gate to enter the pool in a time of 14.22
Major problems once I hit the gate when I went to collect my goggles (in my usual trusty spot) only to find that someone had nicked them... WTF ? Stood around for what appeared an age before walking down the steps in disbelief wondering what to do. Decided to jump in and complete it but it was terrible as I couldn't see a bloody thing, I do know about 8 come past me as I struggled just to put my head in the water as I touched out in 20.03
Annoying but what can you do? I know I'll have to find some 60 odd seconds next week if I'm to beat the Chairman - and that's highly unlikely.

Friday.
Back into the city at lunch and returned to the scene of the crime at the ABC for the monthly 1k handicap time trial with the team. Knew I was never a chance (especially off a 16.45 handicap) but wanted to see where I'm at all the same. Decent enough turnout but I was swimming solo all the way as came home in 17.43

No comments:

Post a Comment