Monday, November 14, 2016

Back Into It

Back with my first run in over 7 days since the marathon, mainly due to the fact I could barely walk for the first 3 days. It was back to my regular Centennial Park as I tried to get the legs turning over.
Felt less than ordinary to begin with but after the first K I found I was ticking each one off without too much hassle, although I certainly don't think I could have gone much harder without feeling it.
Kept it simple and did two and a half flat laps and got 9ks done as I returned to the car.
9ks in 41.11 average 4.35s
Still had the Ks splits on from the marathon and today's were;
4.46, 4.31, 4.35, 4.32, 4.35, 4.29, 4.39, 4.25, 4.33

Lunchtime managed to squeeze a quick trip to the PAP and met Monday regulars Angus & Crossy Lad with Pete Walker and hipster Chris also joining in the fun. Happy to knock out a few sets of 3,2 and 100s nothing special and pretty slow compared to the others but good to get back in the water after a few weeks break.
1600m in total.

Will get back into the city tomorrow for the HuRTS set but won't be pushing too hard at all.

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment