Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Farm Cove 6 x 1k Reps

With the HuRTs session of 8 x 5 minute efforts on program I sent an SOS out to Crossy Lad for a little help with some 1k reps as an alternative that I fancied, Unfortunately he snubbed me as he said he had a 3k track race on the Wednesday night against some 'C Grade' Shire Heads and didn't want to work too hard - Unbelievable.
Headed into town anyway and decided to meet with the guys but go ahead with my planned session. Big crowd out although the enthusiasm was somewhat down with many already putting the running shoes away for the year and running easy. Plan was to run the 1k rep (in whatever time) then see out the 5 minutes that the team were doing very easy, with a  standing 90 seconds recovery break.
With no one coming with me I found I was out front as tipping along under 3.20 pace that didn't feel too bad and then pretty much just repeated throughout.
Times were, 3.20, 3.18, 3.17, 3.19, 3.18, 3.16

A good cool down with Tommy H and Eastside Elle for a further 2.5ks around Mrs Macs and the Domain with the highlight being when Elle asked Tom why he always gets that 'Silly Glazed, Cross Eyed Pi$$ed look' when he's out on the town and consumed more than 4 schooners?

A shout out to good mate Lady Laura James who is in the 'Broken Wing Club' with injury. I know Tommy H wrote a nice touch on his mundane 'Times Like' Blog but seeing he wrote it at the end of the days entry I doubt Laura would have stayed awake long enough to see it ?
I know she is a daily reader of the 'Trash' so we wish her a Speedy Recovery and hope to see her back stronger in the New Year.
Stay Strong LJ ;)

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment