Monday, January 16, 2017

Centennial Park 3 x 3ks Reps

P.Birch and E.Stankard were called upon to help out this morning for the tough 3 x 3k reps within the park and my initial thoughts that it didn't seem as warm soon diminished once I had even warmed up.
Enda was once again doing his 4k reps to my 3 that worked well as his pace was slightly slower that enabled us to run together and although 3.45s was perhaps a tad slower than I wanted I was more than happy to just sit in with him in such conditions.
Pretty much cruised the first although you'd not think so judging by the sweat dripping off me, an easy 700m float back to the start line and Enda had picked up Irish mate 'Podge' PLOD (Paul O'Doherty) along the way who agreed to join us for the 2nd of the reps. Straight away the competitive juices kicked in between the pair and I was just happy to sit off them for the first half of the 3ks. Was moving OK at this stage and actually overtook them for my final 500m as I stopped the clock in 11.05 with PLOD a few seconds behind taking the same route.
A good chat with PLOD on recovery before we were set for the tougher 3rd rep and it went a lot quieter for the next 11 minutes as it was a case of just getting it done. Struggled to stay with the boys coming through the 1k marker but got stronger as it went on and like the 2nd rep I was able to kick it home with a good 500m to go pretty much repeating the previous.
Rep times. 11.15, 11.05, 11.04
Great session to do and hopefully the big tall lanky streak of pishe will join Enda and myself for more as it does help big time especially in the heat and humidity.
Had to shoot straight off after for work with another 6ks as a means of cool down with client, not before seeing Kanser and his kids who nearly killed my whilst riding on the bikes on the footpath.
17ks for the morning all up.

36 degrees again tomorrow, can only mean one thing - PAP swim.

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment