Thursday, January 26, 2017

Straya Day 8 x 800s at Mc Kay Oval

Skippy Day with a public holiday and despite a day off Enda came calling for help and it meant an early start down at McKay Oval.  Just Enda, Birchy and I (The Eastside Social Elites) for the 8 x 800s with the Irishman calling for slightly slower run reps but going off a rolling 3.30 instead of the regulation 4 mins.
At best I can run 2.40s and he wanted them all run at 2.50 for each rep that I thought I could manage, although the shorter recovery would surely hurt later on?
First rep done bang on the money and after that we took it turns to lead each one out. Seemed to work well although Enda seemed to lose track on one with a faster 2.45 at one point.
Delighted to get the 8 done in the manner that I did and with Enda then doing the extra two I jumped in on his last and led him out on his final 400 metres.
Birchy hung in well to complete x10, whilst Enda and myself finished off with a 2ks cool down before we retreated to the cafe for coffee.
Times for the reps. 2.50, 2.50, 2.48, 2.50, 2.45, 2.49, 2.50, 2.49, 78

Great session and even though the pace was down it was still run all around the 3.23 pace for each.

It maybe public holiday but still off the grog, that meant a pretty quiet day for me overall, and dare I say it.... I'm starting to feel better for it.

Will be back out on the bike and a possible swim to end the week tomorrow.

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment