Monday, February 27, 2017

Centennial 3k Reps on Pancake Day

Early start and with regulars Stankard & Birch away in Tokyo I was solo this morning so decided to continue with some 3k reps within Centennial Park. Weather all over the place, heavy rain, wind and humid all for the price of one. Decent warm up and then into the first k that saw a stiff wind slow things down slightly, worked into the 2nd and basically tried to maintain for the tougher 3rd. Never felt at any stage easy therefore I was happy to see the clock tick over with a  10.46 (average 3.36s). A real easy float of about 4 minutes back to the start and was looking for faster on the 2nd rep.
Went out harder (think the wind had dropped slightly) and was holding 3.30 as I passed through 1k, knew I was up in time so was hopeful to keep it ticking over for the latter stages.
A 10.38 finish averaging 3.33s that I was happy with but knew I was spent in doing it. Float (walk/jog) back to the start and decided I'd just tempo the last one at 4 minute pace to finish the session.
Times 10.46, 10.38, 12.02
Cool down with regular Tuesday client for another 6ks easy to rally for 17 all up then headed for morning coffee and the stacked pancakes stuffing my fat face in honour of Shrove Tuesday.

A trip up to the movies later, and had for weeks pre planned to watch Moonlight that only yesterday took out the Oscar for best film.
Timmy Review. Movie that follows a black American named Chiron over three time periods - young, teenager and adult. In an nutshell, Chiron is a shy kid, gets bullied in his later years and then is the hardened drug dealer to end.
Some very good acting, I think the first part was perhaps the best but the movie just seems to drift on (nearly 2 hours) and I kept thinking that it will all come together at the end but sadly it never hit the lofty heights that I was hoping and certainly don't think it worthy of Best film. I've seen two better over the past 4 months in Lion and 'I Daniel Blake'.
3 boxes of popcorn out of 5.
See it if you have to.

Will head back to the pool tomorrow - keep trying to get Crossy Lad back but he seems to be avoiding me? Poor Form

Cheers

2 comments:

  1. If you can get up to Leichardt, go and see "Perfect Strangers". It's an Italian film with subtitles but the funniest and most thoughtful film I've seen in years. 5 popcorns.

    ReplyDelete