Wednesday, February 22, 2017

HuRTS Rushcutter 800 & 200s

Down to the pristine Rushcutters Oval for what was only my 2nd HuRTs session of the year.  The powers that be have changed the sessions and with it came a NEW session that is 4 x 800s and 4 x 200s unfortunately the hierarchy forgot the tell the Indians what the breaks were that then saw them all standing around looking lost.
A bloody hot day once more and rolled around the first rep tucked in behind the talented Jerome and just ahead of Angus Boyd to get a 2.37 to kick things off with. We always roll off a 4 minute cycle for the 800s but the front boys decided to go on 3.30 for some reason that I thought was just bonkers but it did then leave me with NO ONE to work from for the remainder as I was leading from the front on the 2nd group. Tried to hold for the 2nd that I did, but felt the pace drop slightly for the 3rd and 4th.
A quick regroup before the 200s and although I may have been the quickest over the longer distance, it wasn't the case over the shorter 200s.  Struggle to do them flat out and in truth its not a distance that I feel I need to concentrate on.
Rep times for the day;
2.37, 2.38, 2.40, 2.41
30, 30, 30, 29

Will return to the pool tomorrow and hopefully we'll get Crossy Lad back out from his recent hibernation to join me as I've been missing the selfies?

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment