Friday, March 17, 2017

A.B.C Biathlon 20.01 3rd overall

Miserable morning and neck still playing up so decided to avoid any hard swimming to start the day. In fact only did an easy 800m before taking myself of for coffee and breakfast.

Spent the rest of the day dilly-dallied on deciding to do the A.B.C Biathlon, before going for it. Once there though I knew I'd made the wrong call and once more the heart just wasn't in it once I saw the high winds and showers that were pretty constant. Lined up against some Spanish guru in full speed suit who's races in the ITU series and after 500m I could see why.  Found myself in 5th spot going through the first 1k but even at 3.45 pace I was struggling , Jumped up a spot at the 1500m marker and soon after the turnaround started to push the pace for home and went past one more. With the front two miles ahead I seemed to ease off slightly and I was about 20 seconds down on normal as I hit the steps at the top of the pool in 14.20
Customary 30 seconds as I try to bring the heart rate back down before the first of 6 laps, again never really pushed that hard and managed the swim leg in about 5.10 stopping the clock in 20.01 and the first time for the season that I've failed to break 20 minutes.
3rd overall with Spanish guy winning (although he was about 50m down after the run leg) just swimming over the top to win in 17.30
Few beers post race over at Wooloomooloo Bay Hotel after where Birchy joined me to showcase his NEW $200 haircut ( the lad must be mad)

Once home I started to receive all these strange messages from good mate Sammy Aggers over in London,  " Blue and White Army' (repeat x8), 'Palace for Europa',  'We are the best team in Sth London'
The poor man has lost it I reckon and my departing message was that he should go see his doctor. So concerned I checked out his blog and he said as much himself on his Wednesday 15th March posting.
Check it out. http://sammyagnew.blogspot.com.au/

Yesterday (Friday) was spent in the city to celebrate with the Irish for St Patrick's Day, Cracker as well as we hit the Guinness for the day, Decent enough showing from the team throughout the afternoon before hitting the Trinity Bar for the evening session.
A few photos from the day.

Great to see Frenchman Jerome get into it and joins us for a few beers.
Irish lass Jacqueline never one to miss out on her National Day.
Welshman Taffy James, on just another day out.
And with NO Enda around Macca took up his rightful position of Ireland's #1 runner and drinker.
Birchy undergoing his latest $200 cut, he's not happy about the price increase.


Big weekend on, Stoke play champions to be Chelsea at home , tough game and will be close but take the Cockneys to edge this one out.
Stoke 0 v Chelsea 1

Have a good weekend
Train well and stay safe
cheers



No comments:

Post a Comment