Monday, March 6, 2017

Barangaroo Reps - 1k & 500m

Wet, miserable and bloody windy as I enlisted the help of Crossy Lad once again for a set down at Barangaroo that saw a set called of 4 x 1k and 4 x 500m.
Wasn't feeling great before the off and with Crossy racing on Sunday I thought that he may be able to help out with anything under 3.30s?
Felt OK for the first rep although the high winds coming off the water made it a lot tougher but didn't feel as if I got any reprieve on the 2nd that I was hoping. Managed to keep the reps consistent for the first 3 even if I was getting dropped by Crossy as early as the 200m mark but sadly I wasn't able to hold it for the final 4th rep.
Times for the 4 were (rolling off 5 mins), 3.23, 3.23, 3.23, 3.26 (Think Crossy's were 3.16, 3.12, 3.05, 3.02 )
Would have been happy to call it quits there and then but still had the shorter 500s to go, somehow managed to find something and surprised myself when I was able to hold 3.12 pace (approx.) to knock out, 1.40, 1.40, 1.40, 1.38

Great session and in such conditions and basically running solo I'll be happy with those times for the day.
Didn't realize until running the final 500m that Crossy had his trusty camera out and in sneaky paparazzi style was taking shots without my knowing.
Will post them myself as I know he'll only do so later if I don't.

The 3 stages of the session - part 1. Must have been early to be running beside Crossy.
Part 2. Starting to pull away as he kicked it down to 3.02 pace.
Part 3. Spent, nothing left in the tank.

Cheers



No comments:

Post a Comment