Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Thursday Monster Swim

Headed to the pool once more and after a 300m warm up I was all ready for a what was to turnout to be a monster of a set that saw me swim 3k pretty much without stopping.
30 x 100m efforts off a set time was called and once I managed to get my head around it we were off. Happy just to sit on the feet the whole way as I tapped it out coming in on each rep with 4 or 5 seconds to spare before going again. Got to half way OK before I started to feel the pace on #18 and from there it was just a case of playing mental games to get through it.
Very pleased to get it done, and then after a further 200m (real slow) cool down I was out with 3.5ks to the good as I ventured away for my mornings coffee and well earned toasted Turkish bread.

Really want to get back out on the bike but the rain over the past week has put paid to that idea at the moment.

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment