Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Centennial Park 2 x 3ks

A late evening call from Enda to see if I could run early meant I had a partner for a Tuesday speed session without the need of going into the city at lunch.
Although cooler it was miserable with rain in the air and blustery winds around, Did a regular 2k warm up before Enda called for 2 x 3ks efforts. Don't think any of us were really up to it but I set off at a decent clip with the Irishman happy to let me do the early work. He finally woke up at the half way mark and took the lead and from there I was happy to tuck in especially over the tough last 1k to come home at 11.09 - ave 3.43s.
A short break and it was a repeat although I was keen to sit in from the start at a reduced pace in the  hope I would be able to hold, sadly it wasn't the case as Enda pretty much held whilst I had the fade drifting out to 3.50 pace to stop the clock in 11.30
Not pretty but it was the best I could muster. A further 2ks cool down made it 10k for the morning before heading to work with a further 5ks at 6 min/ks

Got Canberra this weekend, but I will head out tomorrow lunchtime for a trot as its pointless in tapering for this race in the form I'm in.

A few hours break during the afternoon so hit Norton Street to take in a movie to pass a few hours on a miserable day.
Perfect Strangers was the chosen flick and what a good one it was as well. Italian with subtitles (that may cause a few issues for certain readers) about 7 friends who catch up for a dinner party and they decide to play a game that involves sticking the mobiles on the table and any message/text or call to be shared with everyone. What emerges is pure brilliance as everyone has some startling secrets that is revealed with disastrous results.
Starts a little slow but once it fires up it will keep you hooked
Superb - 5 popcorn's out of 5 for this one. Go see it if you can
* Actually got me thinking if I invited 6 HuRTS members around for a dinner party that I figure there maybe something lurking that i don't know I would select - Charlie D,  Jeet. Angus, Taffy, Erika  and Razor Wareham?

Timmy Footy Rant. I gave Sammy a serve yesterday for not supporting his side in tough times , well I've got more issues with his Palace team. Shocking performance from the fans at the weekend with fire bombs going off all around the ground. Its NOT needed at English footy grounds and I do hope the FA come down heavy on them to stamp this sort of behaviour out especially in light of all the trouble in the capital only last week.
Outraged.

Cheers

1 comment:

  1. My favourite film of the last 12 months that one Timmy. Had me laughing out loud in the cinema.

    ReplyDelete