Wednesday, April 19, 2017

HuRTS Post Easter Fartlek & Tempo

Tuesday. Cycled into the city and after a big 5 day long weekend that started with drinks last Thursday I wasn't looking forward to my first run back.
Very small crew out and it was left to 'The Mouth' (Brendan F) to give the order to the troops for the day. Basically 2 min ON/ 60 seconds OFF x 7 followed by a 20 minute tempo back home. Found I sat in with 'Mouth and Enda who appeared soon after starting with the overall pace averaging 3.51s on the way out.
Decided I'd only do 5 of the 7 and it worked well as Crossy Lad was on my tail as we ventured through the busy Quay area. Cruised for 5 minutes after that (1k) before turning and attempting to tempo it home.
Always tougher return and it was here that Crossy proved his worth (for once) holding the pace all the way carrying me along. Thought I'd gone for all money coming off the Domain up the hill to the road but hung in and managed to hold a steady 3.57s all the way back to the Stone Gates.
9ks done and only averaged just under 4 mi/ks that certainly didn't set the house on fire but I was definitely feeling it.
Really do need to start getting the consistency back with my running.

Wednesday. Arranged a midweek swim with Crossy Lad at PAP and even though he stuffed around his times I didn't want to miss out so headed in on my bike for a quick fire 2ks.
Once again, I seemed to battle my way through it and even when I wanted to either sit a rep out or do 10 instead of 12 reps Crossy wouldn't have a bar of it.
From there it was a cycle into the City and another mix up/time change meant I didn't get what is now becoming the regular Tommy H Centennial Park Trot in. Not to be undone I took the easy option and cruised around the Domain and Barangaroo and back via the Quay for 11ks in 53.50

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment